There is no denying that Microsoft has a solid job ensuring that the PC, and Xbox form a solid cohesion. By releasing their exclusives on both platforms, and by offering cross platform support, the company is doing right by the gamers on both ends. Now the important thing you need to know here is that Xbox and PC have support for peripherals that work on both the devices, the case in point today is the Xbox One controller that has been making waves in the gaming market.
The users can actually use their Xbox One controller on PC without any issue whatsoever. The best part is that there are multiple methods that you can use to plug your controller into the PC, and have an easier experience as well.
Now the thing is that a lot of people are concerned about how they can connect their Xbox One controllers onto their computers, and there are actually 3 different methods that you can actually use to achieve that affect. The best thing about this article is that we are going to explore all 3 methods so everyone can have a better understanding of the article.
Method 1: USB Cable
Not everyone is looking to attach their peripherals to their computers using wireless methods, the best thing about connecting your Xbox Box One controller to your PC is that you can actually use a simple micro USB cable to get the job done. Normally, Xbox does not provide a cable when you buy the controller separately, but if you can use any cable that is easily available in the market and connect your controller to the PC.
Just make sure that you buy a cable that is good enough and can easily transfer data as compared to the cables that are just used for charging a device. For your convenience, the entire process is listed below, so you will have an easier experience with it.
- Step 1: The first step is simply plug in the USB cable to your computer, and attach one end of the cable to the controller.
- Step 2: Provided you have the default USB drivers installed, the computer will detect the controller on its own and will display a toast notification telling you that the controller has been connected.
- Step 3: Just launch any game you want, the home button on the controller will light up. This means that the game does support the controller, and the controller is active. Additionally, you might see the controller prompts in the game rather than seeing the keyboard/mouse prompts that are normally visible.
Method 2: Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
If wires are not your thing, then another method that you can use to attach your controller to your PC is through wireless connection. Now there are two methods that wirelessly allow you to attach your controller, and both of them are rather simple. To make everything a lot more comprehensive, we are going to take a look at both methods, and I can assure you that both of them are really easy.
This method uses a wireless adapter for Windows that you will have to purchase separately. Still, let’s not waste any time and have a look, shall we?
- Step 1: The first step would be to connect the Wireless Adapter to your computer using the USB port on your PC.
- Step 2: Once the connection has been established, you need to go to Settings > Devices on your PC.
- Step 3: Now click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Step 4: Now you will need to click on Everything else.
- Step 5; From the list that you will have, you will need to select the Xbox One Controller.
- Step 6: Now you will need to click
Following the process above, you will easily be able to connect your Xbox Box One controller to your PC wirelessly. Just make sure your controller is charged whenever you are gaming, so you do not run out of batteries during your intense battle sessions.
Method 3: Bluetooth
The third and the last method is connecting your Xbox One controller through Bluetooth. Now the important thing here is that this method is only for the controllers that are supplied with Xbox One S, because those controllers are upgraded with a Bluetooth chip in them, which means that they can basically connect to pretty much any device that comes with Bluetooth connectivity, aside from mobile devices.
Do keep in mind that in order to be able to connect the controller using Bluetooth, you will need at least the Anniversary update or higher.
The process itself is straightforward, and following it will let you connect your controller.
- Step 1: The first step would be to turn on your Xbox controller using the Xbox button on the middle of the controller
- Step 2; Once the controller turns on, you will need to press and hold the controller bind button for 3 seconds and then let go.
- Step 3: Now go to Settings > Devices> Bluetooth & other devices.
- Step 4: Now turn on the Bluetooth on your PC from that menu.
- Step 5: Normally, your PC would discover the controller by itself, but if it does not, simply search for it, and once it does show up, simply click on the controller and you will be able to pair it.
That is it, following the methods above; you will be able to connect your controller to your PC using the Bluetooth on your computer, or your laptop.
The best thing about having Xbox One controller is that it is natively supported on the PC. Following the methods above, you will easily able to connect your controller to your computer without any issue. Normally, all methods work really well, so it all boils down to your personal preference. You can choose the method that you like the best, and it will work without any issues whatsoever. The best thing is that there is no input lag involved either.